Saturday, November 29, 2008

OUR FIRST HALLOWEEN AWAY FROM HOME

Dear Sisters,

Yes, it is almost December and I am just now posting Halloween pics. I guess I am just plain ole' lazy :0P. So finally here are my pics for our first Halloween in Florida.

Before we adventured out to go trick or treating, we stopped by Archie's work and the kids were able to go cubicle to cubicle for candy. It was imperative that I bring the kids to his office because a lot of his coworkers are like, "You have kids??? Yeah right!" So here are the kids @ daddy's work. I don't have to explain what they are because as you can see their costumes are pretty much self explanatory.


Here we are posing w/ Archie's coworkers. Check out Bryan w/ the melting face! You can click on the pic for a closer look! The kids were too scared to approach the poor guy :0P

After our field trip to Archie's work. I had to cook dinner so Archie and the kids headed out in the van in search for a neighborhood to trick or treat in. I wish the kids could've stuck around the neighborhood but there was not one kid in sight! So anyways, the kids came back 35 minutes later w/ an almost empty bag and I was like, "WTF happened Archie??? Why don't they have candy in their bags?!?!?" I guess Halloween is not a big holiday over hear because they went to like 4 different neighborhoods and no one was passing out candy :0( I felt soooo bad for the kids because they came home so disappointed, so I reloaded the whole fam into the van and drove to a neighborhood (which is on the other side of the city) that I knew was passing out candy.

Man, I miss the old neighborhood. Adam Shore is THE best place to go trick or treating no doubt. I hope next year I'll be able to find a neighborhood closer to home where the kids can go treak or treating.

Hope all is well and miss you all,

Joy :0)

3 comments:

justbecause said...

omg. that SUX! no one was passing out candy?!?!?! wth... maybe you should have went around a military neighborhood....

that's soo sad.... i know how much the kids like to trick-or-treat...

and archie's co-workers didn't know he has kids?! wth.

justbecause said...

OHH and by the way... IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU BLOGGED!!! i checked today, and i was like, WHOA!! SHE POSTED!!

Joy said...

haha, they know he has kids but they just wanted to see them to believe it :0P